What are Granite Countertops
Granite countertops are made of a hard coarse-grained natural stone that is harder than marble. The stone consists of interlocking mineral crystals such as quartz and feldspar. During extraction, the granite rock is drilled and chiseled before it is blasted out of the quarry.
Colors of granite countertops
The granite countertops come in many colors depending on the level of concentration of various minerals within the stone. Some of the minerals present in granite and their resulting colors include:
- Quartz—it produces milky white granite countertops
- Feldspar—produces offish white shaded granite countertops
- Biotite—it produces dark brown granite countertops. In some cases, the countertops may appear black.
- Amphibole—produces dark green granite countertops.
- Muscovite—produces metallic gold or yellow granite countertops
- Potassium feldspar—produces granite countertops with unique pink shades
Granite countertops for kitchen or bathroom
Granite countertops add an aesthetic appeal to bathrooms and kitchens. If you are planning to renovate or remodel your kitchen or bathroom, then we recommend you consider installing new granite countertops.
Submit your review